06 March, 2012

Getting Ready! The bike and everything else.

Trip Preparation for the Bike

The trip has been a long time in the making. Myself and google have been very good friends over the course of the last year as I research ever possible angle of the trip. One of the question I've been asked a lot about is what did I do to the bike. Well quite a bit actually.

First off I started off with a base model 2011 BMW F800GS.

Along with the bike is a lot of other stuff. I have tried to choose everything very carefully. I've inevitably over planned. I've sorta planned to stop at some point and ship a ton of stuff back home to lighten the load.

Now I'm trying to be good about making sure I have links to everything. If a link is broken or bad let me know in comments.

BMW Options list:

From the BMW Equipment List
  • Aluminium pannier, Side and Top
  • Hand Guards
The reason for the BMW pannier system was the additional mounts on the cases. I can mount extra bags on top of each cases. Fully attached to the cases not to the body of the bike. Which means I take the case off the bike in one motion I take an extra bag as well. I can also get into the box without having to undo everything. Very few pannier systems allow for this.

After Market list:

Cloths:

tbd

Gadgets:

tbd

Misc, Camping, First Aid:

tbd

No comments:

Post a Comment