05 May, 2012

Brisbane Flashback

Roman, my friend down in Brisbane where I stayed was kind enough to take a few photos on the day I left.  Roman and Gabriel I can't say thanks enough.  Having a 4th sorry 5th kid in the house was probably not your plan for the weekend.   I enjoyed staying.  This is a bit of a flashback post, to a little of a week ago, I think.  I have no idea how long ago.  I have long since lost track of time.

I highly recommend chateaux Hanousek to all weary travellers.  The kids are good ( sometimes ), the chickens are bad and the dogs are stupid. I didn't get to know the cows.  But they looked fairly spoiled.

On to some photos.

Moving the bike to firm flat land
so I can pack it.

Unloaded just waiting for
me to begin the strapping procedure.

I know this strap hook on somewhere????
BTW this is the tent bag.

Gab and her father in the background. 
He used to race bikes when he was 
younger.  I would have loved to 
explore that more but I only found
out on the last day.

Doing up yet another strap.  Note.  All straps are attached so that
they only attach to the thing underneath.  This means
things like I can open the boxes.  I can also unloaded a
stack by detaching only the bottom bag. 

Oops I think I'm actually doing up locks
not straps.  Each buckle has a lock.  I made
them myself. I actually bought 30 locks key the
same. 

Ready to launch. To be honest I was nervous.
Two reasons. 
1. What if I wipe out on the way up the drive way.  
I would never live it down.
2. I'm now leaving the comfort of the triangle.
Brisbane, Sydney Melbourne.
I'm now going unto unfamiliar roads.

The Rooster.   There are actually 2 but this one is the boss.
First day when I  got out of the tent .  I was greeted by this guy.  Apparently
I needed to be told what to do.   That was apparently to keep moving. The threat
of a peck on the bare foot was ever present.  

No comments:

Post a Comment