20 April, 2012

I'm off. For Real


photo credit Andrew Munsie

And we are Off


So I finally managed to get out of Sydney. The weather was perfect.
Managed to touch base with tons of people before I left. Sorry if I didn't get to visit everyone. I managed to hit the road at just before 4pm. Not exactly conducive to miles on the road. Hey thanks for all the encouraging comments guys. God I know too many doom and gloom people. I'm apparently going to be mugged, robbed, blown off the road, crash, poisoned by spiders/jellies/plants. However almost everyone said in the end. I'm jealous.

Getting out of Sydney is an adventure in it self. Only world city I know where the major "highway" through the city is also a residential street with bus stops driveways and beware of aged persons signs.

The parking ranger came by and simply said. "You're leaving right?" and then moved on. Made me do a double take. First sensible ranger I have ever met.

So now I have already figured out I need to make more adjustments to the equipment set. DOH.

One of the things I forgot to get before I left was tear away slips for my visor. I'll get them in Brisbane. I also have to stop and get some water bladders there.



Here Mark Small is giving me advice on how to handle a Watermelon. Or was it how to handle a dangerous Wombat. All I remember is that what every the hell it was the warning was just don't turn it upside down.

Clearly Munsie is in total agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment