30 April, 2012

Mary Poppins, Groceries & Cooking in the wind.

My meeting with Mary Poppins

So did you know that the author, Pamela Lyndon Travers of Mary Poppins was born in the town of Maryborough,QLD? Neither did I.

So I'm asking the kind woman at the motel I stayed at for tips on where I nice place to have morning breakfast is.  She says or just right beside the Mary Poppins statue. My response, " Did you say Mary Poppins?" I of course had to go.  For anyone else planning to come here.  By all means take the walking tour. But I urge you strongly do not eat at the coffee shop near the statue.  Wow,  that was bad.  How can you wreck scrambled eggs?????




Moore Park Beach


So I have managed a full 200km up the coast today.  I had no intention of breaking distance records today.  The winds gusts were very strong.  So I spent the better part of the ride with a more than comfortable lean on the bike.  I did however get to have a little cruise around Hervey Bay and Bundaberg. Hervey Bay is basically one of the points where you can get on the ferry to go to Fraser island.   I decided to skip Fraser on this trip.  A few reasons, 1 The weather and 2 my skill level on sand is still horrible. I'll be back that I I'm positive of that.

Close up,  See the camera ball mount
How I carry Groceries
So I find this lovely little Caravan park, again on the water.  Moore Park is basically a sleeping town.  There are no actual services here.  So you do have to fend for your self here.  So I truck on up to get some fresh veg and other food stuffs.  Normally on these little trips I make sure I have free bag space so I can put the shopping somewhere.   I completely forgot to make room.   So I come out of the store and sit there scratching me head.  Where the hell am I going to put the food to carry back to the site?  Then I spot the camera mount point. Tada perfect bag holder.



By The way here is my cooking arrangement for the trip.  Gas bottle, Tiny little heating element.  Some backpackers cooking apparatus.  I'm using my bike as a wind break of sorts.  Also at the camp ground they have concrete pads for camper vans.   Perfect place to put the bike.  Absolutely level.

No comments:

Post a Comment