28 April, 2012

From the beach to the pasture. With a rain chaser

Kingscliff beach at night
Well I have to say that the Kingscliff north holiday park was a pretty cool place to stay in the tent.  I was basically on the water.  I exited my tent and there it was.  At night when high tide came in and started smashed on the rock retaining wall it felt like I was 2 feet from the water.   Good thing I covered the bike, as in the money there was a fine dusting of salt spray.

Great spot,  In the morning I just got up strolled across the road to a coffee shop grabbed a mug of coffee went back the site and slowly packed my gear.  Pausing to have discussions with passing neighbours.   I'm fairly certain we solved world hunger climate warming, Left un-resolved however is which is the better bike.  KTM, BMW or Harley.  So what should have taken 45 minutes took 3 hours.

Gold Coast on the main strip
So off to Brisbane I go.  General plan.  Hug the coast as close as possible. I've seen the news etc.  Man the gold coast has got a lot of investment dollars pumper into lately.   The whole place is one big development site. I'm still trying to figure out what the place looks like when the 1000's of teenagers descend on the place for schoolies week.   Great beach,   This is one of the worlds best beaches for a reason.

Only 4 Motorcycle spots?
So finally I have to head into Brisbane,  To my complete horror.  There is a broad 8 lane highway, 110 kph That feeds direct from the coast into Brisbane.  What no residential streets?  No driveways butting against the road.  Great ride in.

Seems the rain really likes me.
It's basically centred right on top of me.
A friend of mine Roman has graciously allowed me to sleep on his lawn.  Poor bugger,  Once I set up the tent it starts to rain.  I'm going to be sleeping here for at least 3 nights.  This is not helping put down miles.

Looking to put me in my place.
Roman enjoys a massive block of land 5 acres, chickens, cows, and a small pack of over happy Terriers dogs.




No comments:

Post a Comment